Suicide prevention month is observed in the US each September. Here are a number of events being held throughout Greater Milwaukee to help raise awareness about suicide prevention.
- Friday, Sept 17th / 6:30 pm: Veterans Journey Home Move Screening and Dinner at the War Memorial and Art Center. Get details and register to attend this free event here.
- Sunday, Sept 19th / 8:00 am: Project 22 MKE Walk Run Ride for the Prevention and Awareness of Military Suicide hosted by the UWM Veterans Resource Center. Learn more and sign up here.
- Wednesday, Sept 22nd /10:00 am: Firearms, Means Safety, and Suicide Prevention: A Clinical Workshop hosted by the American Association of Suicidology. Register for this online workshop here.
- Wednesday, Sept 22nd/ 5:30 pm: the National Alliance on Mental Illness of Southeast Wisconsin hosts Question, Persuade, Refer at the New Berlin Library. There will also be a virtual class held on November 12th. Learn more and register for this event here.
- Thursday, Sept 23rd / 9:00 am: Signs of suicide, asking about suicide, validating feelings, encouraging help, and expediting treatment training. Register for this Zoom event here.
- Wednesday, Sept 29th / 2:00 pm: CARS Milwaukee County will host a Zoom event- Question, Persuade. Register for this event here.
- Thursday, Sept 30th / 4:00 pm: Active Minds along with UWM Counseling Services host a screening and presentation of Hoan Alone: Personal Stories from the Bridge. Learn more about this event here.