You will receive a thorough assessment of your mental health problem/s and a treatment solution that is tailored to your specific needs.
Mental Health Assessment: Your provider will ask questions about your symptoms, how long you’ve had your symptoms, your personal family history of mental health, and any previous behavioral health treatment you’ve had.
Medical History: You’ll answer the following questions:
- What is your current general health situation?
- Do you have any allergies?
- Any past illnesses, accidents, or surgeries?
- What are your current and past medications and dosages?
Social History: Your ABC provider may also ask questions about your personal history or lifestyle.
- Are you married?
- What is you living environment?
- Do you have a good support system?
- What is your highest level of education?
- What sort of work do you do?
- Did you ever serve the Military?
- Are you experiencing any legal now or in the past?
- Have you ever been arrested?
- Any drug and/or alcohol use?
- Do you smoke?
- What is your biggest source of stress in your life or if you’ve had any major trauma/s?
Family History: You provider will ask general questions on how your overall upbringing was like.
Mental Evaluation: You’ll answer questions about your feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. You most likely will be asked about your symptoms in more detail,
Cognitive Evaluation: During the evaluation, your provider will assess your ability to think clearly, recall information, and will use mental reasoning. They may ask you questions about your ability to do daily activities and responsibilities, like caring for yourself. Additionally, you may be asked the following basic tasks:
- Focusing your attention
- Remembering short lists
- Recognizing common objects or shapes
- Solving simple math problems
In conclusion to the Initial Evaluation at your first appointment, your ABC provider will provide you with a primary diagnosis and treatment plan. They work with you to work out a treatment plan that may include a combination of therapies that are tailored to your health needs, personal preferences, family situation and age. If required, they may refer you to a specialist and/ or order various tests to help understand what is going on.